Friday, May 29, 2009

Packing

Problem:  Packing for a one-month trip to Argentina, where I will be living during the month of June.

Solution:  Unclear at this point.

I am an over-packer.  This problem can come to light when dealing with weight requirements for checking bags.  I will have to do this tomorrow, when the weight requirement is 50 lbs. per bag.

The way I see it, there are three ways to get away with a suitcase that exceeds the weight limit.

1--"Grease the palm."  A favorite trick of my dad's.  Then again, my dad isn't an overpacker, leaving the possibility that he is just a nice guy and tips people for helping with his luggage.  OR PERHAPS he is laying the groundwork for the next time HE DOES overpack.  Well played, Pop.

2--Pretend that you are transporting important things.  "I need to get these two bags on this flight to Argentina, or the Prime Minister won't get her transplant on time!"  'Nuff said.  

3--Take out some useless shit that you probably won't need anyways.

It is unclear at this point which method I shall use.  If they make me take things out, it could get ugly. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH ONLY 1 SET OF POKEMON CARDS?!?

Regardless, I leave for Argentina tomorrow.   Read on for some pretty exciting adventures.  Wish me Bueno Suerte!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment