Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ruinas

Problem: How does one worship the sun god and mother earth?

Solution: Build temples to their magnificence, and maybe execute a few virgins.

So I am wrapping up my South American adventure with a trip through the magical land of Peru. You ever see the Emperor´s New Groove? It´s just like that movie, complete with llamas.

In three days I have hit three major ruins. I have basically run the gamut of the Incan empire, and I gotta tell you, I like what I see. Here are three things that the Incan Empire and I have in common:

1. We hold a grudge against the Spanish.
2. We like hiking.
3. We have a penchant for paying tribute to the past. Like for instance I have a scrapbook of my life and times at Wells Elementary. Or at least my mom does.

So that´s about the extent of it. Go to Machu Pichu. It´s rad. I can post pictures when I get home in two days.

Am I about to sign off from my South American travels? Yeah, I think so. Maybe I can write another post that sums up all my feelings and stuff. Are you excited? Me too.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment